Elastic Load Balancers do not supply physical IP addresses as they change frequently – always use DNS name of the ELB provided by AWS ELB.
You setup an alias A type to point to an ELB or a Apex domain (mydomain.com). Cannot use a CNAME with an Apex domain.
Given the choice on an exam – and practically it is cheaper – always choose Alias over CNAME.
Understand AWS Route 53 routing policies –
- Simple (no complex policy),
- Weighted (percentage based),
- Latency (calculates latency based on Client location),
- Failover (route all to active),
- Geolocation (based on where the Client is when browsing),